- Must be a balance between 'Production' and 'Materials'.
- Needs to live and breath LEAN manufacturing and have the words 'cost reduction' ingrained.
- Extensive Supply Chain Management Experience
- ERP implementation success.
- Manager of managers (10 direct reports).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures that all direct reports are familiar with, trained on and follow all Quality System procedures related to their jobs which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers and that changes to procedures are reviewed, approved and validated prior to implementation.
- Develop strategy for the implementation of LEAN manufacturing utilizing the corporate ERP system that drives cost reduction through changes in manufacturing assembly processes and product design.
- Manage review of new product designs to determine whether to assemble in-house or sub-contract.
- Coordinate development and implementation of a Materials strategy to include the use of Sales Forecasting, Master Scheduling, Back flush, Kanban and Cycle Counting.
- Coordinate development and implementation of a system for recruitment and maintenance of a supplier base through appropriate negotiations and purchasing techniques to ensure the optimum quality, price, delivery, and service levels.
- Develop and manage budgets for the Operations group that support and meet strategic and tactical goals of the Division and Company
- Participate as a member of the management team in the overall management of the division.
Directly supervises up to ten employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree (M.A.)
- 5+ years related experience
- Knowledge of APICS fundamentals, CPIM a plus.